Biography & Career
Education & Certifications
- Two-Year Graduate Program, Agronomy/Turf Grass Management, Penn State University
- Certificate, Golf & Park Facility Administration, The University of California-Irvine Campus
- Master Greenkeeper (MG), 1 of only 80 Worldwide, Awarded by the British & International Golf Greenkeepers Association
- Certified Golf Course Superintendent (CGCS), Recognized by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA).
- Class AA Life Member, GCSAA
- Former Agronomist & Advance Tournament Official, PGA Tour
- Guest Instructor, Golf Course Design & Development Institute, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA. Invited to teach a one-day course titled “Golf Course Development II: Design Impacts on Cost and Operations,” which analyzed how golf course architecture and design influence maintenance budgets and operating costs.
- Golf Course Agronomy/Infrastructure Consultant, 175+ Newly Constructed/Renovated/Restored Domestic & International Golf Courses
- Superintendent & Assistant Superintendent, 13 Newly Constructed/Renovated/Restored Domestic & International Golf Courses
- Experience Working With:
- Former Golf Course Superintendent:
- The Double Eagle Club - Columbus, OH
- Castle Pines Golf Club - Denver, CO
- Riviera Country Club - Los Angeles, CA
- The Golf Club of Oklahoma - Tulsa, OK
- Broadmoor Golf Club - Seattle, WA
- Research & Advisory Board Member, Total Quality Management (TQM) in Golf & Country Clubs, Since 1993
- Member, Golf Writers Association of America, Since 1984
- Green Section Committee, United States Golf Association (USGA), 1977-84 and 1992-99
- Road Warrior Correspondent, USA Today Newspaper, Since 2005
- Advisory Board Member, AutoWeek Magazine, Since 2009
- 1st Place in Business Management Writing Category, Turf & Ornamentals Communicators Association 2018 Awards, “Assessing Infrastructure,” Published in the August 2017 Issue of Golf Course Management (GCM) Magazine
- 2nd Best Conditioned Course in the U.S, Awarded by Golf Digest Magazine, May 1995 - Achieved at the Double Eagle Club near Columbus, OH, while Terry was the certified golf superintendent and Master Greenkeeper (MG). Augusta National Golf Club was ranked first.
- 4th Best Conditioned Course in the U.S, Awarded by Golf Magazine, June 1996 - Achieved at the Double Eagle Club near Columbus, OH, while Terry was the certified golf superintendent and Master Greenkeeper (MG).